Post-Secondary Educational Opportunities
(PESO) – Allows 10th, 11th, and 12th grade students to earn college credit while still in high school through enrollment in and successful completion of college-level courses.
- Students can take a range of classes including general education, and career and technical courses.
- General education courses are usually liberal arts.
- Career and technical courses focus on preparing students for specific occupations.
- All course grades appear on a college or university transcript. Institutions determine how coursework counts toward completion of the student’s degree. So, it may vary from one school to another.
- Allows eligible students to take online college or university courses.
- There are eligibility requirements. Please see https://www.mnscu.edu/admissions/pseo/pseo_faq.html for more information.
- For information on Mankato State University’s PSEO program please visit http://www.mnsu.edu/pseo/requirements.html